In May 2014 the International Association of Skateboard Companies was proud to host our keynote speaker, Gary Vaynerchuk, at the IASC Summit. Gary’s appearance was made possible thanks to generous support from Vans.
In this episode, Grant Cardone talks about social media and urges every business to establish a smart, powerful presence on as many social media platforms as possible.
According to Grant Cardone, social media has been a great gift for his business. Businesses are too caught up in ROI because they don’t fully understand the functions of social media. Cardone actually posts on his platforms himself and advises businesses that they should ‘attack the marketplace’ and make yourself, your business and services known to the masses.
Check out this keynote Gary Vaynerchuk gave at the Lamp Post Group in Chattanooga, Tennessee. He first shares his story of being a russian immigrant and then gets in the guts of using social media, branding and building a business.
Check out this webinar where Gary Vaynerchuck talks about how to use social media the right way for your brand or business.
You can fast forward to the 20 minute mark to start it right where Gary Vaynerchuk starts to drop his social media knowledge.
Here is a video interview done by Inc. of Gary Vaynerchuk the owner of VaynerMedia a 300 person micro content agency where he discusses ways to succeed with Social Media.
- Reverse Engineer what you want out of Social Media
- Use Twitter/search and search relevant things that people are talking about
- Stong strategy for Facebook and Pinterest if you selling something online
- Be practical and educated about how to use each platform
CNBC’s Courtney Reagan reports how Instagram is disrupting business, and how some young users are making money.
Check out Gary Vaynerchuk’s SXSW 2014 talk and tips on what to do when attending the SXSW conference.
Vayner Media CEO, Gary Vaynerchuk, City University of New York Professor Jeff Jarvis and TheAudience Founder Oliver Luckett debate the return on social media on Bloomberg Television’s “Market Makers.” (Source: Bloomberg TV)
Some of the top points from the interview:
- To question the Return or ROI of Social Media in 2014 is insane
- People and brands are now the media and the distribution
- You have to cater content to each platform
- STOP worrying about how many followers as metrics look at engagement, conversions, and ask for sale after providing value
Vaynermedia CEO Gary Vaynerchuk and Clarity Media Group Founder Bill McGowan discuss business use of social media on Bloomberg Television’s “Market Makers.” (Source: Bloomberg)