The offer was made by VaynerMedia for their agency or one of their client brands. You can see Gary Vaynerchuk’s face blurred out. The video was edited to only show the offer but not mention who the offer was from and then his walk out reaction where he runs away (leaving the hidden camera behind) and flys to Mexico.
If you don’t use Vine, Snapchat, YouTube or Twitter and don’t know who Jerome Jarre is watch this video first.
So here are some things we noticed from people online commenting on the YouTube video and even our own thoughts on why this gut wise doesn’t seem real or at least completely real if it is a little bit..
- This video is set up as if Jerome Jarre hasn’t made money… (says he sleeps in offices and is homeless)
- Hasn’t he been making money with the agency GrapeStory that both Jerome and Gary Vaynerchuk set up who is also in this video and who has also said “reverse engineer life” as Jerome points out his reason for declining
- On GrapeStory Twitter it says where “Viners” meet the top brands.. https://twitter.com/GrapeStory (no money in this either, top brands haven’t paid out 1 milli yet?)
- Hasn’t Jerome Jarre made any money from Vine?
- Hasn’t Jerome made any money from 786k subscribers on YouTube?
What about being on the cover of “Ad Week”… Why would an “advertising” industry magazine want you on the cover if you haven’t made any money with ads?
According to their article Jerome Jarre “The going rate for one of his Vines is $25,000.
What about this Vine Ellen Contest was this free too?
And on his website under “Booking” where it says to contact his CAA agent Andy Roth which is odd because I thought only people that make a lot of money have agents? Also, Gary Vaynerchuk is repped by the same agency as he has pointed out in his keynotes.
UPDATE: Jerome Jarre Arrested for another prank?
Update: ShockMansion comments also say its fake.
UPDATE: Jerome Jarre Posts Vines for MTV and Nordstrom since “turning down 1 million dollars”
So What is Jerome Jarre’s Net Worth?
Since he “turned down 1 million to “stay in NY for a year” which seems ridiculous anyway he has posted vines to bring attention to MTV and Nordstrom… We are leaning more and more with our initial gut reaction that this video of the 1 million dollar turn down was fake.
We are pretty sure MTV and Nordstrom are paying good money for this “sponsored ad art”