If you aren’t paying attention to the digital, social, and mobile world you might not be aware of the new Periscope and Meerkat apps for live streaming just yet, however they are slowly starting to develop a community of mainstream audiences that like to click into a live stream and view what someone in doing in real time unedited live video.
With most new platforms people jump on right away and learn as they go and it usually starts out with tech/social media people already on other platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or Vine and then they become either curious and want attention or have FOMO (fear of missing out) on an opportunity or not being part of something.
Since people are becoming more and more aware of Millionaire YouTubers, Gamers on Twitch making that dough, and Vine celebrities pulling in hoards of cash off their views people are not drawn to jump on something new like Meerkat and Periscope in hopes of making money with.
Even today as we look up most popular YouTube searches one is “how to make money on YouTube” which gets 18,000 searches a month on Google just in the U.S.
So soon enough the question will be if not already on live streamers minds is “OK I’m on the the Meerkat or Periscope leaderboard now what..?”
If people don’t ask this question they are just enjoy being the product of these live streams connecting with people that both apps can eventually sell ads or make money on the data and thats cool too. (not everyone knows how to monetize Youtube, blogs, or live streaming apps) Don’t hate the players just hate the game.. (Facebook ring a bell.. – If it’s free you are the product they are selling saaaan)
However you if want to know how to make money live streaming on Meerkat and Periscope we have a great example of someone crushing the Meerkat leaderboard and rising faster to the top then most, other then some notables like Nora Segura and Madonna.
First off if you haven’t already follow Grant Carone on Meerkat to see why he is always “mobbin” on Meerkat.
The live streamer to watch right now is Grant Cardone here’s how and why he is monetizing Meerkat and Periscope.
- Grant Cardone creates stream content relevant to what he sells (books, programs, multifamily real estate)
- He engages with the audience answering questions about the content
- He has his team share his website url (online store) in stream where people can buy his products and offers a 50% discount every time he streams or tweets ect..
- He has promo codes named after each stream and says use promo code “meerkat” or “periscope” to track where sales come from and offers that as a discount for watching his stream
- At the end of every Meerkat stream his link is “shop online” directly to his store where he tells people to go to buy his products that can help them related to the content of the stream
- He then rewards people with shout outs on the stream if they screenshot it and share it on Twitter ect.. and this helps again drive more attention/sales.
Top Live Streaming Tips to Learn from watching Grant Cardone
- Build an audience everywhere you have enough time to dedicate to it. (Twitter, Instagram, Meerkat, Periscope..)
- Be Consistent, not only with how often you live stream but a consistency with your brand across channels
- Have a thought out plan, Grant always has a great title and theme of each stream before he even launches one and frequently schedules streams in advance to build up subscribers and suspense.
- Pound live streams each day whether its for 5 minutes or 50 minutes and even consider multiple times a day only if you have a good topic for the stream where you can bring value (entertainment value, money value, tips value ect..)
- Get attention.. Grant is the godfather of attention, sales, and multifamily real estate
- EXECUTE something.. This is big one we think too many people are out there getting attention but don’t have a reason why they are trying to get attention. Most people watch people like Grant Cardone and Gary Vaynerchuk because they executed something and continue to do so. If you are like us you aren’t going to take advice from someone about money, social media, or business until they proven results themselves right?
If Meerkat or Periscope come out with any other ways to monetize their platforms we will keep this post updated.
Also, if you have any other examples where you know someone is taking money from a brand for product placement or making money using Meerkat or Periscope let us know and we will update this content.
More ways people are making money live streaming on this updated blab im app post below.