One day we noticed something when looking for Gary Vaynerchuk content on Google.
When you start typing Gary Vaynerchuk’s name in Google one of the other most popular things searched via Google’s “instant” feature was his net worth.
To confirm the search traffic on this keyword since we love SEM, (our parent company is a PPC Management / SEM company).. we used our two favorite tools.
- Google Keyword Planner formerly known as Google’s keyword tool (free to use for anyone)
- SEMRush see visual data below
So now that you have the visual data the question is why do people care about his net worth so much?
Why is there over 1,000 searches a month for Gary Vaynerchuk’s net worth after they look for his name?
Here’s our take on the reason, and feel free to leave your reasons in the comments.
- Gary Vaynerchuk’s DNA is to be out there, have a content team around him for his personal brand so they want to see the monetary value he gets from all of that
- People want the raw facts and see if someone is “real” with so many business coaches, life coaches, social media gurus ect.. Many people score you by RESULTS.. and net worth is a reflection of results whether you like it or not
- Gary Vaynerchuk’s net worth is looked up so much because people know he EXECUTES.. It’s actually the main reason people even pay attention and how he is the King of the social media game… You can literally only follow (no one else) everything Gary does in business and social media, grab what fits with your “self aware” personality and strengths, learn and earn.
UPDATE: Gary Vaynerchuk was asked on a recent Periscope (Jan 2016) about his net worth. He said he thinks those types of sites are funny because the land/building that him and his father own with Wine Library is worth 10 million alone. He then said VaynerMedia does about 100 million and could easily sell for somewhere around 300 million as well.
So adding that up conservatively Gary Vaynerchuk’s net worth over 100 million easily.