You can learn a lot from YouTube…
You can also learn a lot from the minds of executors like Gary Vaynerchuk and Seth Godin.
You can also learn a lot by watching, listening, and taking key points or themes that hit you in the gut because hey you feel that way too..
And sometimes what you learn is.. great minds don’t think alike they think different.. or do they.. ?
Gary recently had a really good episode probably the best by far of his Ask Gary Vee Showwwwwwwww.. It was with the legendary blogger, writer, author Seth Godin.
Really he is a legend in the marketing space.. Seth had the first email newsletter blog, even if you Google the word “blog” his site comes up 4th, first page of Google.
And by linking to him here might push that a bit higher by the time you read this.
That being said people know with all his past and continued success he doesn’t use Social Media in the capacity Gary does and just automatically tweets out his blog posts.
One thing I noticed is this episode caught FIRE!.. Comments went nuts and every time I would search “gary vaynerchuk” on YouTube it was showing up first page of YouTube for his name ever since the episode aired a month ago.
And low and behold in one month it has 65,168 views about to catch and beat his 1,4 year old keynotes at USC & Remax and on it’s way to be the #1 watched and most popular Ask Gary Vee episode passing #26 from a year ago (Am I an Entrepreneur or not) and the current #1 Ask Gary Vee Show thanks to Casey Neistat audience power #128…
So why is that? Here’s what I think…
- It was the first episode where the guest and Gary Vaynerchuk didn’t agree pretty much throughout
- Secretly, people agree with Seth Godin and already know “they are the product” on social media and sometimes are not really doing “work” with it or on it
- Gary interrupted throughout which made it look like he was in an oh shit moment, <the dude I respect thinks my whole business (selling social media) is to sell against people’s attention of wasting time on it..> (Seth said he would walk out…)
- People respect both Gary & Seth as they have proven results time and time again on executing things their own way
- Seeing two people with different perspectives that both win in different ways is interesting
Bottom-line, at the end of the video if you really watch what happens is Gary actually agrees in a sense with Seth because he admits as he has time and time again, that he doesn’t read books, doesn’t consume on social media, doesn’t use it like the way Seth describes.
And to Seth’s point people that don’t are usually more successful making an impact in their own way on the world with their body of work and what they do by having a focus on that first.