Social Media Marketing Strategy (created in real life and documented on video)
If you are searching for content on how to develop a social media strategy or what are the best practices and ways to create and execute a social media strategy check out this video of Gary Vaynerchuk go over his Social Media Strategy in 2018 with his team of 17 Social Media strategists for his “GaryVEE” brand.
Here are some insights we took from Gary Vaynerchuk’s meeting with his social media team for team GaryVee brand their social media strategy
- His videographer and team capture a lot of content but not all is shared
- Gary hesitates on what he should share and he doesn’t share any personal/family time EVER
- He loves Q&A for users to create the content for him as he can answer questions asked from his audience
- He uses what he wants to promote URL/website wise in his social media profiles
- For example, he linked to his podcast on Instagram profile when he wanted to promote that more
- Mentions using his new K-Swiss sneaker on his website GaryVaynerchuk.com
- He talks about unfollowing everyone on Instagram and only following one person similar to what DJ Pauly D did with Ellen to “hack” instagram
- He looks at each platform different and only wants his documenting “ask gary vee” as a recall for when he is right on what he is noticing already happening
- Twitter is his “thank you economy” and using it to give Meek Mill who just got out of jail 1000 roses and film it. “Taylor Swift thank you economy” Gary Vee Santa Claus
- He has to constantly rethink everything and readjust to these social platforms and “reform” his social media team for his personal brand
- Using celebrities on Instagram stories
- Instagram shoutouts for Garyvee instagram is like pennies on the dollar to gain more followers
- He constantly talks about doing “unexpected” things to grab more attention or give back to his audience and provide a “PURE WOW”
- Gary loves Q&A the most which makes sense because he loves sharing what he knows and it’s the easiest way to show off his skills while creating content
- Twitter is the water cooler, he mentions sending a celebrity a burger if they say they are hungry on Twitter (real time thank you economy of listening know the celeb will share it)
- He noticed a “good photo” of himself got 70k likes
- He says optimism and motivation as a strategy is getting him on to something he hasn’t figured out yet…
- He thinks Sunday nights is a big thing on social media and a unique moment
- He said commenting on the top people instagrams is a big hack right now.. which is similar to people doing the same type of spam comments on top blogs, youtube videos, replies on Twitter to top accounts ect.. as well.
Our takeaways about a Social Media Strategy in general based on this meeting and video
- Social Media strategies will be forever changing because the algorithms change, platforms change ect..
- Social Media ads are easier vs. organic Social Media (similar to SEO on Google vs. Google Adwords (PPC Management)
- Social Media marketing takes a crap load of money, time, and people is is hard!!
- Even the top social media people like Gary Vaynerchuk hesitate, think what they should share, and still don’t share everything (family, personal, client meetings, THE WORK)
- You see the end result “Garyvee” but most people forget he now has a 17 person agency, and 800 employees doing all the work at a computer at a desk for clients
- Your only as good as your last post, update, or the video, tweet, podcast you did, if you stop it will fade and fade quick ..
- Watching the strategy meeting shows why most brands rather just run Ads or use something like SEO that is more evergreen to target people already looking for what they sell.. That method is a money game vs. a time/energy/people game